Current protocols regarding COVID-19
In order to maintain the health and safety of both our staff and clients, the following “social distancing” protocols will be effective immediately as per local, state, and governmental agencies.
- A maximum of 5 people will be allowed in the waiting room at one time, including our hospital staff. Due to limited space, only one person per pet will be allowed in the waiting room
- All patient exams and treatments will be performed in the exam room or treatment area with only the medical staff. Clients will be asked to wait in the waiting room, outside weather permitting, or in their vehicles.
- All patient histories will continue to be gathered via the online form or the onsite tablet. If the online form is not sufficient, we encourage extended histories to be relayed to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The doctor will communicate with you after the exam in the waiting room or via phone, if you prefer, due to privacy considerations. Please inform the front office staff of your preference before the exam.
- We will continue to accept all major credit cards, Care Credit, and Scratchpay. Although discouraged due to the potential for fomite transmission of the virus, cash will still be accepted if that is your only means for payment.
- All high contact surfaces such as doorknobs and countertops will be disinfected after every exam and interaction with clients and medical staff.
- We discourage clients who are sick, have symptoms of respiratory illness, and those within the most vulnerable age population from visiting our office. Please enlist the help of a family member or friend if your pet needs to be seen at our office. If you have no option, please call in advance of your visit and we will send a medical staff member to retrieve your pet from your vehicle. Please understand that this is to protect you, the medical staff, and the general public.
- For questions on witness euthanasia, please call the hospital for more information on the specific protocol.